Jewellery must not be worn at school except for the following.
- Medic alert bracelets
- Plain small round ear studs, one stud per ear (size must fit through a holepunch). No sleepers or shapes.
- Cultural or religious necklaces can be worn but must not be visible.
- Hair ties should be black, brown or navy
- Hair clips black/brown or gold/silver
- No unnatural hair colours (eg blue, green) or excess products are acceptable
- Hair should be clean and tidy at all times and kept out of the eyes
- Hair should be tied back if longer than shoulder length, with the exception of year 11-13 girls who may
wear their hair down
- Senior boys should be clean-shaven
No nail polish is allowed either on the fingers or the toes. Students will be asked to remove this at the office.
No makeup is to be worn at school. If a student is wearing make-up they will be asked to remove this at the office.
Jackets & Scarves:
An optional Canterbury navy school jacket for year 9-13 students is available to purchase and can be worn in school. These jackets are to be removed during class time. Non uniform jackets and navy scarves may be worn to and from school but must be taken off in school. Due to health and safety reasons scarves are not to be worn in the classroom.
Skirt and Dress Length:
Length must be at or below the knee.
Year 9-10 Black lace ups can be worn all year and black Roman sandals can be worn in the summer terms.
Year 11-13 Black lace ups or black ballet flats/T-Bar/Mary Jane for girls can be worn all year and black Roman sandals can be worn in the summer terms
- Black lace up shoes are required for all students who use the technology rooms.
- No form of coloured sport/canvas/skate or fabric shoes are permitted unless participating in PE.
- If your child needs to wear orthopedic sandals/shoes, this is allowable provided you have communicated the reasons for this with the school.
Click here to see shoe examples.
Socks & Stockings:
Boys Navy school socks
Girls White ankle socks (purchased from uniform shop – no sports socks) can be worn all year, and in winter terms navy opaque stockings or navy OVER the knee length socks
Blazers & Trousers: Year 11-13
Blazers are to be worn each day in the winter terms, on special occasions when representing the school, or on any other occasion at the teacher’s discretion. Trousers are compulsory in winter for year 11-13 boys and optional for year 9-10 boys. Belts must be plain black, leather/vinyl with a plain buckle.
Ties: Year 11-13
Ties need to be worn to and from school, and during class-times. It is at the teacher’s discretion during the summer months to allow the students to remove their tie in class.
Sports Uniform: Year 9-12
Year 9-12 School PE shirt and navy Canterbury shorts are compulsory and are to be worn each time students participate in sports activities. During winter, year 9-12 students can wear the school hoodie and navy Canterbury track pants for PE classes only.
Secondary students must be in regulation uniform when arriving at or leaving school.
White or skin colour underwear must be worn under white shirts.